This solar power system is designed to power a tablet computer 8+ hours a day using solar power only. The 12-V DC system includes a dc-dc converter with a single 5-V, 2-A USB output and an adjustable 15 V to 24 V dc-regulated output with multiple adapter tips for various notebook PCs.
The LiFePO4 battery can be recharged over 2000 times, far outlasting “normal ” lithium batteries or AGMs, making this the least expensive solution for systems that will see heavy daily use.
Capacity is 72 watt-hours, about the capacity of an average notebook computer battery. This is enough power to run either a tablet or a 3-watt LED bulb for nearly 24 hours continuously. Although it can power most notebook computers, do not expect to run a notebook more than three to four hours per day on this system.
With the addition of a cigarette socket multiplier and the proper 12-V adapters, this system could be used to charge many phones at once. It has a built-in 1.5W LED strip light for lighting up a table-top, and it could also be used to power external LED lights.
Essential Solar Panels and Cables are Sold Separately!
To complete the system you need a 12-V solar panel to charge the system (sold separately.) An ac wall charger is NOT included.
The Half-Pint’s maximum combined panel rating is 45 watts; do not exceed this or the Half-Pint will be damaged. With 45 W of panel connected in full sun, a charge takes approximately two hours from fully depleted to fully charged.
The Half-Pint has a single XT60 Male connector for use with panels mounted on the roof or far away from the power bank. Below are the solar panel options we offer. The first two panels already have the correct connector to plug directly in:
- Two or three Solartec Daisy chain panels (Cheapest, glass covered, 20 year lifetime)
- OR one SunPower 30W XT panel (very lightweight, more expensive, can fit in a big suitcase)
- OR one Bioenno 28W folding panel (small package, but shortest outdoor lifetime — needs an adapter)
- OR one or two 20W thin film panels (Big, but light and very rugged — needs an adapter)
- OR One Global Solar 30-W folding panel (Premium priced, very small & lightweight — needs an adapter)
Half-Pint use in a Papua New Guinea village.